look

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Facing My Fears

It's been a while since I have blogged publicly. I write posts in my mind, make notes for "someday", but ultimately leave them to lay dormant and unseen. It's not that I don't want to share, there is something within me that feels compelled to do so. It's that sharing feels vulnerable and unsafe.

I work diligently to let people know much they matter. I work to love more, give more, and share the kind thoughts I have about people. It is my desire to inspire, support, and connect with people in real time. I don't want interactions and relationships to be in passing, but to be deliberate and real. I want to encourage your dreams and connect with your broken pieces. It is my passion and my gift. It is what makes my soul sing. It is who I am at my core. Therefore, exposing my thoughts, perspective, and stories feels unsafe.

I say, over and over, that everything you say, and everything you do matters. All of the good, and all of the bad...matters. The smallest gesture or greatest effort, impact our own lives and the lives of others in ways we may never fully comprehend.

 But, what if we could?

What if each of us could tap into that part of ourselves that truly understand the unique and powerful impact we have in our lives, our families, our community, and our world?

How would things change?

How would we be different?

I am facing my fears, I am putting my heart on the line. I am blogging...again. I am doing so in a way, to publicly claim my own worth, and to recognize that if I want others to know that they matter, I have to claim it for myself. So, here I am, standing in my own fears, publicly. I am claiming my unique and powerful gifts and sharing them with the world. If I want you to know how much you matter, I must also recognize it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment