look

Thursday, May 4, 2017

One of Those Days

Today, it was another "day". I actually remembered the stop at Mrs. Kelly's after work, before heading to Wal Mart, for the one thing I needed later that day. I had already stopped at a grocery store the night before with no luck. I then tried to order it from Wal Mart on line so I didn't have to lug my 400 lb baby and his car seat into the rain, but the pickup time would be too late.

So, I did it. I schlepped L all the way to the big box store, got him and his car seat into a buggy, and went to grab my wallet.

No. Wallet.

I left it at work. I then called my husband, met him back at work to pick up his debit card, and drove to another grocery store. After all, I was not going all the way back to where I had just been.

Did I mention that it's raining?

My baby has now missed his routine feeding, fallen asleep, and I'm pretty sure gained another 100 lbs.

I lug him out of the car, into the store, and find that this store doesn't carry the one thing I need, about the time my sleeping baby begins to emit a pungent stench.

I. Go. Home.

I change L, feed him, and quickly change my plans for the afternoon while he finishes his nap.

It's time to go back to the school. I manage to transport a sleeping baby into his car seat, the back of my car, the car seat carrier, and into the school without him waking. I am also carrying my husband's debit card so I don't loose it. I've not been 100% with it lately.

I pass L to my sweet friend, begin explaining to the sweetest group of girls ever about the day I have had and why we are not doing the planned activity, and it happens.

I look to my sweet friend, holding the most precious baby in the universe, and they are both marked with baby poop. She laughs, I laugh until there are tears, and it spreads even more onto her white shirt.

It takes two of us to get him clean, complete with being hosed off in the sink. She finds a shirt to change into, and we continue with the activity. The girls are delightful, my heart begins to lift, and I lug my 400 lb baby home. My husband is making dinner, an attempt to let me breath, and asks for his debit card...that I left at school. With my wallet.

Tomorrow is a new day. It cold be worse, much, much worse. But, if your day didn't go as planned, you were covered in poop, literal or figurative, and all options to access your finances are locked in a brick building, you are not alone.

We are in this together. Feel free to share your story, it makes me feel better. That, and a hot shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment