look

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

I'm Loosing My Mind, Too. You Are Not Alone

So, today L is 6 months old. And, today I drove all the way to work without dropping him off with Mrs. Kelly.
I pulled right into the parking spot, was thrilled I had made it on time, and realized it's because we didn't stop to drop him off.
I share this because I see you.
I see you who are trying to do it all, send in field trip money due yesterday, get the outfit ready for chorus, figure out when the chorus performs, plan for the band performance, figure out when the band performs, decide if it is a waltz or a tango you need to choreograph for your son to dance with his blanket in the play, coordinate schedules for a ride to and from football practice, and the laundry list of everything else you are trying to do.
When you loose your mind, and forget to return a call, an email, a library book. You are not alone.
When you send your child to daycare in the outfit he slept in, you are not alone.
When your dog has a funky smell and you don't want to breath deeply around her, you are not alone.
When you cook your family meal and forget your son won't eat it so his separate meal isn't ready when everything else is, you are not alone.
Sometimes we just need a reminder that our crazy life may look different, with different lists, and different missteps, but we are all in it together.
I see you. You are not alone.
Has anyone else recently lost their mind? Please let us know as a reminder that we are not alone.
~Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment