look

Sunday, October 19, 2008

God's Hand


I don't claim to know everything about the unseen and understand that faith is precisely that, however I know that God has looked out for me in all of the events that have taken place and would like to begin there in my story. I too want to note that there are so many things that I have seen looking back that I am sure I will not do them all justice.


My daddy, Ron Johnson, passed away Saturday, October 11, 2008. It has been the most difficult time in my life, however at the same time it has not been nearly as horrible as I had dreamed. God's hand has been on this for years beyond my comprehension and it is all beginning to unravel.


Next weekend is the Breast Cancer 3Day that I walk each year for my mother. I became ill in May and decided at that point I would not walk. For months it has been difficult for me. I now see the perfection. The weekend of Columbus day I had made various plans to use the long weekend, each fell through. I now know why. My father had gone into the hospital for a heart test. While there, he had an allergic reaction and needed to stay. His passing was not related directly to his hospitalization. Had he not been in the hospital, this could have been much, much worse. Being there, allowed him to be placed on a ventilator and allowed me to be by his side. To my father, people, family, was most important. In his passing, I have found such peace in knowing that we had such a rare relationship of freely spoken love. October 10, of 1997 I had written my daddy a letter from college to tell him just how much I loved him. It was a heartfelt note of gratitude and recognition of his love for me. I found that note in his wallet. It was written exactly 11 years to the date that I flew out to be by his side.


There are so many ways that God has prepared my heart and readied me for this day in ways I never wanted for myself. God is taking care of me, and my daddy.

2 comments:

  1. I have tears in my eyes while reading your post! Praying for you as you grieve. You got sick in May? What are you sick with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could say it 500 times more I would...I love you and I love the relationship you shared with your Daddy. He was and will always be as special to you as my daddy is to me. I love you, I love you, I love you...okay only 496 times to go! =)

    ReplyDelete