look

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Here Goes


I have done a great deal of noticing lately. I had no idea how the quiet moments were so alive and contained such joy. These quiet moments, they actually occur with a great deal of external noise in my experience, but the internal noise becomes secondary. I have learned in the stillness of my own self, to see Teague's joy. To listen to him sing at the top of his lungs is something I want to hold forever. He just sings and sings with no reservation about the incorrect words or lack of tune. He experiences and exudes such joy from moment to moment. He dances just to see his own reflection and to express the joy he can no longer hold inside. He pleases himself. When he wants you to pay attention, he says, "Yook at me." If only we could all do that and not risk looking or feeling silly. Teague is truly loving and notices the pink flowers on the side of the road. He says he is sorry when he is wrong. He gives hugs and kisses freely, and delights in putting on his own socks. I have learned from my baby boy, at the age of 3, that he is doing it right. He lives in the stillness of his own mind. He fully experiences each moment, not worrying about the next or the last. He twirls and falls to the ground, he sings the wrong words, loudly, with joy, he dances without a care if anyone sees. He shares his love, he sees beauty, he is my greatest love. I am so thankful for him and all that he teaches me about living life in the stillness.

No comments:

Post a Comment